Chester County, PA Car Accident Lawyers
Lawsuits arising from car accidents are based on the law of negligence. Anyone who carelessly operates his or her motor vehicle and causes injury to another person is responsible for all property damage and physical injuries to that person or persons which arise from the car accident.
Need An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer In Chester County PA?
Have you been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence in the Chester County, PA area? To successfully navigate through the entire process, a call to an personal injury attorney who is experienced in this particular type of car accident law is the first thing to do. We can diligently investigate and compile all pertinent related information. A car crash is a traumatic and often unavoidable experience. The aftermath, however, is a situation you can take control of when you put the legal case in the hands of high caliber car accident attorney. Karp & Hart are the personal injury team you need on your side.
Insurance Company Initial Interaction
- First we will have to deal with your own auto insurance company for payment of your medical bills, car repairs and interim car rental. In addition, we might have to interact, with your own company, regarding uninsured or underinsurance coverage if the offending driver does not have enough insurance coverage to pay for your injuries and other damages.
- Second, we will have to confront the negligent driver’s insurance company to persuade them to pay for your losses – when in reality, the last thing they want to do is pay you for anything.
- Third, we then have to negotiate with your health insurance company for any excess medical bills you incur.
Your Car Accident Lawsuit Procedure
Moving forward through additional stages, we will gather all your medical records; meeting with your doctors where necessary, conducting a motor vehicle accident investigation and attempting to negotiate a fair settlement with the car insurance company. If the car accident case is not settled, Steve and Peter often try to mediate the case with a trained attorney mediator or seek a binding arbitration. This method of resolving the case is by using a private lawyer or lawyers to sit as judges. If all this fails, Peter Hart or Steve Karp will try the car accident case before a jury.
We handle the entire variety of individual categories of car accident cases in the Chester County, PA area that include:
- Car crashes
- Acceleration accidents
- Cell phone and texting crashes (distracted driving)
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck crashes
- School bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
Anyone who has been injured in an auto accident is entitled to be compensated for both economic and non-economic losses. You are legally entitled to be covered for economic losses that include compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Wage loss
- Other out of pocket expenses
Deducted from these amounts are any medical bills or wage loss payments paid or payable by the victim’s insurance company. Non-economic damages include:
- A person’s actual physical pain and suffering
- Loss of the pleasures of life
- Disfigurement, mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of the companionship of a spouse
The Car Accident Personal Injury Lawyers That Care About YOU
We are fiercely driven to strategize, fight, negotiate – and ultimately win the settlements that you deserve. Peter Hart & Stephen Karp make the law work for you. Years of car accident legal clients have benefited from that initial phone call to us. Trust and confidence, diligence and success! That’s our job. The car crash might have been unavoidable, but the aftermath is in your control. Let us work for you.